Friday, April 30, 2010

on my desk...

Life has been SO crazy since the new year began that I have not been able to post about the WONDERFUL gift that my sweet hubby gave me for Christmas 2009! I have coveted my brother-in-law's antique desk for many years and searched high and low to try and find one like it to no avail...until...I saw this desk that is very similar at Hann Manufacturing. It is actually a drafting teacher's desk but it works perfectly for my traditional watercolor painting. It even has a door on the side to store drawing boards! How cool is that?!!

I have the sweetest and most supportive husband in the world! Thank you Brad!!! I love you!!!

We ordered it unfinished so we can stain it the color we choose...that is when I can finally find time to do it!

4 comments:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Phyllis--Your desk is lovely! I raise my glass to your many years of working together...cheers. :)

Kathleen Rietz said...

How wonderful!!! So happy for you, Phyllis. :) Brad is so sweet, too.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

Let the creating begin! Your new desk looks just perfect.

Kelly H-Y said...

Wow ... lovely and PERFECT! Your hubby's a keeper!!!