Monday, August 9, 2010

It's so hot!

It's been too long since my last post. I've been very busy with work again. I am in the middle of several projects that I cannot share but I thought I'd re-post an old painting from awhile back.

The ice cream man brings back fond memories of childhood past and hot summer days. I called the weather line last night at 11:30 p.m. and it was 87 degrees and 87 percent humidity! Brutally hot and miserable but fairly typical for August in Missouri.

Looking so forward to cooler days in September.

4 comments:

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Phyllis! Your book looks delightful. Love the ice cream man as well. Sounds pretty good as a matter of fact. I really,really,really love your style! So adorable and sweet.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Miserable here in Chicago, too. Too hot to want to leave the house.

I have always loved this illustration, Phyllis. Love the point of view.

Phyllis Harris said...

Thank you so much Jack! You made my day!

And thank you Kate, that means a lot!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Lovely illo!
I was thinking of ice cream as well for one of the IF-topics. Always delicious.