Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunflowers, wind and little girls...


Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE sunflowers! Especially the variety with the big brown centers. I also love wind. That may sound strange but as children, my brother and sisters and I would wrangle for the window seat as we left grandma's house just to feel the wind on our face all the way home. The cool wind would lull me to sleep, especially after dark. That's also one of the reason's I adore the ocean. There is always an ocean breeze.

As an illustrator, I seem to always be sketching little girls. I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that my only child is a daughter and a perfect one, at that! :) Yes, I am truly blessed.

Anyway, all this to say...as artists we really are influenced in our art by our life's journey and what surrounds us and what is near and dear to our hearts.

I just added the "Sunflower Girl"(above) to my Etsy shop.

No comments: