Saturday, November 16, 2013

Start a new Christmas tradition!

As a child, one of my favorite Christmas traditions every year was to gather round my siblings and my older sister would read The Night Before Christmas right before we went to bed on Christmas eve. My mother still has that copy of our beloved book and although the pages are falling out, you can tell it was a very used love-worn book.

Many of you know that I have a precious new grand daughter this Christmas and I hope to start our own family tradition with her by reading Margaret Wise Brown's On Christmas Day to her every Christmas season.

What a blessing it was to be asked to illustrate the lyrical words of Margaret Wise Brown. To see more about how this book came about be sure to read this blog post or here as well.

To get your own copy of On Christmas Day signed by the illustrator(me) just email me at phyllis@phyllisharris.com.

Wishing everyone a blessed holiday season starting with Thanksgiving which is less than two weeks away!

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Christmas-Day/Margaret-Wise-Brown/9781581738797?fb_comment_id=fbc_10151030722214293_22640692_10151030843784293#f2331dafb989fe6

No comments: