Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Winter promo sketch

Besides having email problems all day...grrrr...I did get a little work done. I sketched out my Winter promo and I decided to continue my Brandy theme which I am hoping to eventually turn into a book dummy. I've decided to turn my grief into something productive.

Even though I haven't figured out my email problem yet, I'm still going to try and at least paint this sketch digitally first and then try the traditional watercolor like I did before. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh... I am loving this Phyllis! He is SO sweet! The way he is looking at her, melts my heart!! And her expression is right on, that is the perfect face a kid makes while trying to button up something, not an easy task at that age. I love, love, love it!!

And I have to say that I admire what you are doing. Turning your grief into something productive is amazing and wonderful. I know is not easy, but you thought of this on your own. That is always the way to go.. :o)

Kathleen Rietz said...

So perfect! I love her expressing and those long pigtails again. She is so cute, and I love her loyal buddy Brandy. I think it is really wonderful to honor Brandy and also deal with your loss in this way.

Anonymous said...

She is just adorable. You make your characters have the best expressions! Priceless. It will make a great dummy Phyllis!