Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I LOVE this book!

As I am doing research for a personal project I have been reading LOTS of books for the 4-8 year old age group and I came across the most wonderful book. It's called Before You Were Mine written by Maribeth Boelts and pictures by David Walker. If you've ever lost a beloved pet or have adopted pets from rescues, you will LOVE this book as well. It is so well done! The writing and the art is fabulous and really pulled on my hearts strings. Get the tissues out and go check it out!

5 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

That is so adorable!! I may have to get a copy. Thanks for sharing. You know I love my sweet doggy, too.

Laura Zarrin said...

Thank you! I'm ordering this right now. I have his Puppies, Puppies, Puppies book. It's one of our favorites!

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

I'll go chekc it out- another really good one is "saying Goodbye ti Lulu" by Corinne Demas- tear jerker alert!

BLUEANGLER said...

Great illustration! Just wonderful!
Thank you for posting! : )

Paige Keiser said...

This has a 'so you' feeling to the art Phyllis, for a second I thought it was yours.