Thursday, August 18, 2011

a short break

I have had a short break before starting on my next project and it has gone by so quickly. I used my time to work on a couple personal projects. I prepared a book dummy for an up coming conference where I will have a one-on-one with an editor and worked on this piece as well for a workshop during that same conference.

I tried a new perspective and a little different palette than I typically use. It was tough...I redid this piece 4 times. It was a challenge but I learned from it so it was worth the effort.


7 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow Phyllis! That is so beautiful! I like how you pushed yourself to see things differently. It turned out great!

Phyllis Harris said...

Thanks so much, Kate! :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

How wonderful. What a lovely composition, not just the perspective but the joy of being a child. :)

StampingbugKerry said...

Beautiful "falling petals perspective"...HEE HEE...I can just FEEL the joy. Love the HAPPY yellow skirt too. So adorable!

Kerry

Canato Jimomi said...

This is so nice! love your work

Leen Christens said...

This looks amazing, great choice of the colors!! The image gives a vibrant and playful feeling, it's stunning!!

Phyllis Harris said...

Thanks all so much!! I had fun with this one. :)