Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The smell of sharpened pencils

Late summer has been fairly mild here which is a rarity for Missouri in August! The grass is still green and the nights are just beginning to cool. It's back to school time and the smell of sharpened pencils and boxes of new crayons are in the air.

I know I am WAY early with this sketch but it's been in my head for a long, long time and I finally put a rough on paper.

I'm sure we'll have the 90's again next week but I'm enjoying the Fall-like weather anyway!

4 comments:

Laura Zarrin said...

I was just in St. Louis last week and couldn't believe the wonderful weather. We're thinking of moving there, so that kind of weather helps. Of course, I know better. LOL.

Jennifer Thermes said...

Fun sketch! Your work is great. :-)

Kathleen Rietz said...

Very cute!

There is that autumn chill in the air here at night. As much as I love love love summer, I know autumn is not far around the corner.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

That last push of summer is delicious! I remember when I lived in Minnesota that that last little bit was the best- hints of fall color here and there, the warm weather and that feeling of change. I miss that living here...the seasons are much more subltle. It sort of messes with my sense of time.