Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More Katharine

I thought I'd share a couple more images for the new series, Katharine the Almost Great, available January 2009 through Magic Wagon, a division of the ABDO Group, www.abdopublishing.com or your favorite educational wholesaler!

This is one of the black and white interiors for the first book in the series.

And this is the cover image is for the last book, which has a Halloween theme. These colors are a bit truer to the actual palette I used on all the covers. The previous ones I posted were a bit light.


7 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Hey Phyllis ~ Love the color palette on the Halloween illustration. I'm lovin' the Katharine characters. Cute stuff. : )

Anonymous said...

The Wacky Calendar is one of my favorite interiors. So is Crockett on the last page of Red, White, and Blue Crew. So is...okay you get the picture!

LOVE the Jackula cover. This is my first peek at it with color. Wonderful.

Lucky me, lucky me, lucky me!

Lisa

Phyllis Harris said...

Thanks Kate! They were fun to create!

And thank you Lisa! I'm so glad you like the cover!! :o) I think this was one of my favorites to do. And thanks again for writing such fabulous stories!!

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

I like this a lot! The strength of the lines, the composition- the characters. Nicely done. When do these come out?

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

OKay...so I continue reading- January 2009. Very exciting!

roz said...

These look like they are going to be terrific. Thanks for letting us get a look-see. Love your characters.

Liza Woodruff said...

Hi, Phyllis. I love this piece. You have such strong clean lines in your drawings and this piece has a really nice palette. The design works so well too. I can't wait to see it in print.