Thursday, August 4, 2011

The advance copy of my book came!

Even though it's not due out until Oct. 1st, I just received an advance copy of my book, My Big Book of Prayers and I could not be happier with the results!

It's is a heavy board book with a padded cover. The designer, Katie Jennings, did a fabulous job and the printing is spot on for the color! Really perfect!! I  love my scanner! It scans my art beautifully and enables me to produce high quality scans that I can then work on digitally and feel really confident of the quality that will reproduce once printed. One of the better investments I've made.

NOTE: I was so excited about the book that I made a huge oversight...I know I called this my book...shame on me...the writer of this book is the wonderful Michelle Medlock Adams. 
I am the illustrator of this book, not the writer....still working on that! ;)


10 comments:

Life's Beautiful Path said...

How exciting! Congratulations! Mary Nida

Ginger*:) said...

It looks beautiful. Congratulations. Your illustrations touch the soul.

Phyllis Harris said...

Thank you both so much!

Gosh, Ginger that is one of the nicest compliments you could give me!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Looks just beautiful... and I am envious over the scanner. I have been wanting to get a better one myself.
Thanks for sharing the good news. :)

Kathleen Rietz said...

Congratulations! I can certainly tell you love what you do and that you love children. Beautiful job, Phyllis!

Phyllis Harris said...

Thanks so much, Lisa and Kate!

Angela said...

Congratulations! That must be exciting! Your illustrations are beautiful. I think children's book illustrators don't receive the credit they deserve. :)

Shirley said...

Congratulations, Phyllis!! It sure looks beautiful - and really wonderful to hear that the colors are perfect! Well done!

Advocate Art said...

Lovely illustrations!

From the Advocate Team

www.advocate-art.com

AtelierBrigitte said...

That must be so exciting! It looks lovely and I am sure it will be a hit.