Monday, August 15, 2011

What a gift...

Over the weekend I received the most wonderful hand made card and letter from a consultant and card designer for the Angel Company, Kerry Urbatch. The card is absolutely gorgeous and I am so touched that she would give me such a precious gift! Thank you again, Kerry!




She shared a very touching story about how my Brandy and Emma rubber stamp designs brought back a sweet but sad memory from her past childhood. I will share(with her permission) just a short part of this sweet story...

"Brandy & Emma brought me back to a day that was very difficult, a day a young child shouldn't have the opportunity of having. It was the day I said goodbye to my best pal in the world. To give her to another family and move on with my own. I remember the long drive down the gravel road to her new farm in the country. I remember holding her neck and crying the whole way. I begged my dad to keep her but it wasn't allowed. The military was moving our family and she had to be left behind. He searched for her perfect home but to me it was not.

Before leaving that day, she looked at me--the same look and unspoken words displayed in my card. She let me know "It's ok. I'll be fine!"...

Kerry shared that the art gave her "a comfort and a long time forgotten reassurance that things would be ok."

This story touched my heart in a big way because we adopted our sweet Brandy, who was the inspiration for this stamp design, from a military family and she ended up being the best dog in the world for almost 15 years.

As an artist...to bring forth such wonderful feelings and emotions with my art is the absolute best thing in the world. That's the reason I create art. I am humbled and I am so very blessed to have the opportunity to do what I love for a living. Thank you, God!

2 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Thanks again...I so appreciate the gifts you brought to me. Kerry

June said...

I am always amazed when events of life run in circles like this, each one touching another with similarities and finding a completion.

Thanks to you both for sharing your personal stories with us.